Posted by jonathan at 3:12pm EST on 02/13/2009
There is one reason and one reason only why you want to feed your content somewhere else: more revenue.
Pros and Cons of Feeding Your Blog to Facebook
- You get to give Facebook complete rights to your content
- No statistics of views
- No subscription options for other Facebook users
- No control over ads (you are giving Facebook more ad revenue though!)
- Doesn’t add to your site’s feed count
So need I really explain more why feeding your blog to Facebook is bad idea?
I was doing it for a while and then I realized all of the things above, so I stopped feeding it. There’s absolutely no point in doing it.
But, here’s an alternative solution which still reaches the Facebook audience, but is far more effective.
- Sign-up for a Twitter account
- Sign-up for an account at TwitterFeed.com
- Add the Twitter app on Facebook
- Link your Twitter feed to your Facebook account so all updates go to Facebook
- Use TwitterFeed to pull your latest posts title and URL and feed it to Twitter
- FINAL: Your Blog’s Feed->TwitterFeed->Twitter->Facebook
Final product looks like this on your Facebook profile.